Eye health is important, and not something that should be ignored. An optometrist in Lancaster, OH can help you see properly and fit you with glasses or contacts as needed. But how do you know when a trip to the optometrist is necessary? If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, if may be time for a visit to the eye doctor to have your vision checked:
- Headaches: This is a major sign that something is wrong with your vision. Your eyes are straining to see clearly, and an optometrist in Lancaster, OH will be able to diagnose the cause. Because your eyes are working harder to see correctly, it is causing headaches that can be quite painful. Glasses may be in order to give your eyes a rest and have them focusing easier—and you seeing clearer.
- Squinting: If you notice you are squinting more than usual when you are trying to read, this is a sign that your eyes aren’t working to their capacity. You are shifting your eyes to focus, and that is causing strain on your eyes. This can lead to even worse eye problems over time, and should be looked at. An optometrist in Lancaster, OH will be able to examine your eyes and determine what necessary action should be taken to get you seeing without the need to squint.
- Blurry vision: If you just can’t focus on objects, no matter how hard you try, it is time to see the optometrist in Lancaster, OH. Your eyes need correction, as your vision isn’t as good as it once was. Blurriness can come and go, or even be in one eye only. In either case, it’s an indication that your eyes need an examination and you shouldn’t delay in making an appointment with your eye doctor.
- Pain: Any time your eyes hurt for an extended period of time, you should consider having a visit with your optometrist in Lancaster, OH. This could be symptomatic of something more serious and needs an examination right away. While some eye pain here and there may be normal, extended periods of pain are not. Don’t wait to contact your eye doctor if you are experiencing frequent signs of pain.
- Floaters: When you see light or dark objects hanging before your eyes, an optometrist in Lancaster, OH should be consulted immediately. This can be a sign of more serious eye health conditions and needs to be checked on right away before it worsens. An eye doctor should be able to determine what is causing the floaters and find a remedy to help.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, a visit to the optometrist in Lancaster, OH is in order. Don’t hesitate to make an appointment, as your eye health should be a priority in your life. To schedule your eye exam, contact Price Family Eye Care Professionals LLC. We are a family-owned and operated eye clinic that specializes in eye impairments for patients of all ages. Call today to set up an appointment!
Categorised in: Optometrist
This post was written by Writer