People are naturally curious and will find themselves asking questions about anything they don’t understand. Although most people have been going to the doctor for eye exams since they were children, the process is still something with which they may not be too familiar. As a result, they will be tempted to ask their optometrist questions—but it is important that the right questions are being asked.
Here are a few questions you want to consider asking your optometrist in Lancaster, OH:
- How often should I get my vision checked? A lot of people are unsure of when they should pay their optometrist a visit. If you haven’t visited your optometrist in a few years, but are heading in for an exam, don’t hesitate to ask them about how often you should be coming in for exams. Once you finally find out, you can ensure your eyes are examined regularly and improve their odds of remaining healthy.
- What do eye exams entail? The thought of going to any doctor makes many people nervous. Similar to how people avoid going to the dentist and the family care doctor, people avoid the optometrist because they are afraid of what will happen while they are there. During the exam, there are several tests that will be conducted. The more you know about these tests and what will happen during the exam, the more comfortable you will be going through with it.
- Are there any side effects to any of the tests that will be performed? It is not uncommon for the tests that doctors perform to have some sort of side effects. When going to the optometrist, you will want to inquire about the tests being performed and any possible side effects, so you can properly plan ahead. For example, if you get your pupils dilated, driving can be difficult, so it would be best to have someone else drive you to and from your appointment.
- How can you protect your eyes? There are a lot of things in this world that can damage your eyes and even cause vision loss. Between the sun’s harmful UV rays and dust particles floating around in the air, you have to protect your eyes year-round. If you are concerned about protecting your eyes from the sun, dust, allergens and much more, your optometrist will be able to recommend one or more ways for you to do so.
- Are there any lifestyle changes I should make to keep my eyes healthy? The health of your eyes is dependent upon a lot of things, including your lifestyle. For example, a person who drinks, smokes or has an unhealthy diet may experience vision problems. Your doctor will be able to tell if something could potentially go wrong with your vision, so they are the perfect person to ask about lifestyle changes that could positively impact your eyesight.
Your eye health should be important to you. It may be easy to neglect, but the consequences of doing so can be devastating. Your optometrist is there to help, so don’t be afraid to ask questions to ensure you have a clear understanding of anything regarding your vision.
If you need to visit an optometrist in Lancaster, OH for an eye exam, you can give the experts at Price Family Eye Care Professionals LLC a call today to schedule an appointment.
Categorised in: Optometrist
This post was written by Writer